Daphne's 5 top tips prior to sewing
Daphne Greig shares the top FIVE tips for her upcoming class Paper Piecing Paradise. These are just a few of the tips you will learn about foundation piecing in her class.
- Select a new needle for your machine.
- While you are putting in the new needle, why not check the bobbin case area for excess fluff and add that drop of oil you've been meaning to do! Keep that machine humming; a little preventive maintenance goes a long way.
- Thread the machine with neutral cotton piecing thread, both top and bottom. Light to medium grey is my normal choice.
- Set your stitch length to 15-20 stitches per inch (1.5 on most machines).
- Select a foot for your machine. Choose one that gives the best visibility in the center of the foot.
You'll find more setup tips in Paper Piecing Paradise - Class starts January 30th! Check out the supply list and I'll see you in the classroom.
.... Daphne Greig
More about Paper Piecing Paradise: Paper piecing, foundation piecing, sew and flip, whatever you call this method, using it you will give you perfect blocks and no more chopped off points! During this class, Daphne will show you how to create your foundations, select and prepare your fabrics and how to sew perfect blocks every time. Even traditional blocks can be pieced this way; it is not just for small blocks or unusual blocks with sharp points. Read more...