Viewing entries tagged with 'challenge'
So last week I set you a task of collecting 'warm' materials to make your challenge project as well as a neutral for the background which could be pieced together if you wanted. (Review last week's post). You also needed to come up with a plan or two of ideas for what you wanted to create.
It's been a while since I did a blog challenge so over the next few weeks I've put together a challenge for you and my students in "Getting Started with Quilt Art" for a bit of extra fun. I hope you'll all join in!
It's been a very hectic week with visitors and a wedding to attend so both Emma and I had little time to work on our challenge pieces but we did manage to progress. Emma used free-motion stitching to attach her applique. She started with the balloons...
This week is all about getting the piece to come together - plans and ideas plus materials and a whole lot of fun! Here is Emma to describe what she did. I'll fill you in on my progress on the next page.... Over to Emma!
If you missed reading about Emma's challenge, you can do so on the previous page.
It's time for the first week of the challenge. If you missed the rules for our March Challenge you can find them here: Rules for this challenge.
It's definitely time for another blog challenge but this blog challenge is going to be a little different because my daughter Emma decided she wanted to challenge me rather than have me challenge everyone... so for this challenge, Emma will be setting the rules and creating her own piece while I create a piece of my own.
This week I wanted to finish off my challenge piece. It's not much use if it is left sitting around unfinished so this week I'm making sure that doesn't happen. I've been thinking about what method to use. Although I have loved creating it, using the different elements (words) to work and especially working with the silk, I'm not sure the overall design is something I would hang on my wall. Knowing this, I've decided to look at different sections of it to perhaps chop up for a series of mini displays.
My last word and last week of August for this challenge! The word I have yet to use is 'vertical'.
This week I plan to use 'shiny' as my word but I didn't really finish with my shadows from last week so now that I've had a bit more time to think about them, I've decided I might paint the shadows. I tried my Salvia Sticks but found they were not giving me the effect I wanted - I tested first!