Stitch Along January part 3
Did you check out the Gallery this week? Don't miss out, it's fun to watch it grow. And if you missed the rules last week, check back to Week 2 rules - now on to week three and the cool colored fabrics...
Rules for January Week 3
Remember to fuse the smaller section before you start.
- From the small fused cool color, cut a rough circle. Make it as big as you can. You might just want to curve off the corners. Don't make it round - where's the fun in that?
- Remove the paper and press it to the center of the larger square.
- Back it with interfacing ready for stitch.
- Using your cool colored thread stitch in rounds attaching the smaller shape in place.
Do you like cutting things up? I sure do and that's what we will be focusing on this week. Here we go:
- Place both your blocks on the cutting board and cut through the diagonal once. You can stack them to do this if you wish, or cut them separately.
- Put aside one half of each block.
- On the warm colored half, chalk in the halfway line through the other diagonal. This is just a guide - DO NOT cut it.
- From the square corner, mark along the edge (on both sides) the 4" and 6" marks.
- Chalk in the lines.
- Now cut along the lines but not the first original one (only 4 cuts)
- On the cool colored half, also chalk in the halfway line through the other diagonal from the center of the square.
- Also mark in the halfway points along each side and chalk from that point back to the center point of the square.
- Cut along all the lines (3 cuts)
That's it for this week. You will have 5 cool color sections and 6 warm color sections. What's up for next week?