My September Stitch Along W1
Stitch along this week is very easy for me seeing as I already pulled fabrics out for the instructions a couple of days ago. I used one of the six fabrics from the selection. It was the batik with butterflies and dragonflies on.
I then selected six plain fabrics to go with it.
And this pale lemon as the background.
Seeing as I had all my fabrics selected, I thought I would get to with the cutting. You can do it now or wait until next week when we'll also begin stitching. Here is what I did:
From my multicolored fabric cut ONE 4 1/2" x 11" rectangle.
To make this a little more fun I made up some rules for cutting the 6 plain fabrics.
- Select your two favorite colors and cut ONE 2" x 8 1/2" strip from each
- Next select from the four remaining plain colors the two colors that least go together. Cut ONE 1 x 6 1/2" strip from each. I chose pink and purple, not that they don't go together, but they were just the least I liked I think because they are quite close in value so not enough contrast.
- From the last two plain fabrics cut ONE 1 1/2" x 7 1/2" strip from each.
Note: It really doesn't matter which fabrics you choose for each set. This is just a little fun to see where they end up.
Now from the background fabric you will need:
- TWO 1 1/2" x 8 1/2" strips
- FIVE 1" x 8 1/2" strips
- ONE 4 1/2" x 11" rectangle
- TWO 1 1/2" squares
- TWO 1" x 2 1/2" rectangles
That's it! See you in the Gallery.